Hello, my name is Annette Follas. I am the owner of Annette The Pet Nanny, a full service pet and house sitting business and have been in business for over 20 years. In 2007, I expanded through the purchase of a pet sitting business on the San Francisco Bay Peninsula.
I am a native Californian and grew up in Los Gatos. I am college educated and have been in customer service roles most of my life. I have the common sense and people skills that it takes to run a successful business.
I have been an avid animal lover all my life. I was the type of child that would come over to your house and bug you to play with your dog. And, I started pet sitting when I was a teenager.
I realize how important it is to have a reliable, caring and honest pet sitter for your loved ones. All of the pet sitters that work with me have had a full background check and are bonded and insured. We are all mature and respectful of your home and your pets. One of our policies is to never bring others into your home.
In addition to pet sitting, we pick up your mail, bring garbage cans in and out, bring in your newspaper and do light watering. We tailor our visits to your needs and per your instructions.
What You Can Expect
- An initial interview for us to meet you and your loved ones
- A contract for services to protect you, your pets and your home
- We are responsive and return calls within 24 hours
- We are professional, insured and bonded, and CPR certified
- We provide daily written updates and pictures of your pets
Our Professional Memberships
- Pet Sitters International – This is the world’s largest educational association for professional pet sitters.
- National Association of Professional Pet Sitters – This is a member association for full- and part-time pet sitters.
- Care.com – This is a resource for locating professional pet care
- Pet Sitters Associates – My profile on Pet Sitters Associates
Our Training and Certifications
- Pet CPR and First Aid
- Mikaboo – Bird Behavior
- Cat Behavior – Non-verbal cues
- Basic Puppy Training
- Greyhound Handling
We have a very comprehensive insurance policy that covers any situation that may arise while I care for your pets, including property damage, loss of pets, veterinarian expenses, loss of personal property, loss of key, and medical expenses. While we never anticipate having to use our insurance policy, you can have peace of mind knowing that we take our responsibilities seriously and have appropriate protection for a wide variety of situations. To view our insurance policy (Valid Through April 2020), please click here.
We are proud to donate to organizations that we believe in. In the past, we have donated to:
- National Wildlife Foundation
- Second Harvest Food Bank
- Girl Scouts of America